The Cake Company Personalized

My husband and I love to eat. More often than not, we make sure we are one of the first in line whenever there are newly opened food stores or restaurants. Luckily, the two of us were assigned to bring cake to my mother-in-law’s surprise birthday party, thus, giving us a very good reason to try out the recently opened Cake Company, Inc. along Marcos Highway, Antipolo City.
The cafe was very neat, although, not too cozy as I imagined it to be. Their colourful, comfortable sofas were not just enough. I think more dramatic lights and brightly painted walls all around the cafe might just do the trick though. 
Anyway, we came here for the cake. There were only a few varieties available during our visit... I wish they had more. At any rate, this made it easier for us to choose. The cafe’s barista later explained that they create cakes in small batches to ensure freshness and quality.
While my husband and I selected, the friendly barista suggested we try a slice of each of their best sellers, the Mississippi Mud Cake and the Carrot Cake.  We first tried the Mississippi Mud Cake with much delight. It was heavenly! Its pure chocolate goodness literally melts in your mouth! It’s simply delicious.

On the other hand, I was not too keen about trying the Carrot Cake. I really do not like this particular kind of cake in general. Don’t get me wrong... I love vegetables. But vegetables and sweets together just do not work for me. My husband insisted we taste it. So, with much hesitation I complied. My first bite changed my perspective instantly. Cake Company’s version of carrot cake was truly exceptional! It was dense, super moist, and had a generous amount of crunchy walnuts. I never had any regrets trying it... and I am sure to come back for more!

We finally decided to order an 8” round Carrot Cake for my husband’s mom. Cake Company’s prices are very reasonable. They are comparable, if not cheaper, to cake prices of major commercial bakeshops. Not bad at all considering the fact that Cake Company’s personalized creations are so much better!!!


0 comments: