I Got Permed!


I have been meaning to write about my husband’s go to salon for quite some time but haven’t really felt a strong urge to do it except now. I guess this would be the perfect timing because I just got my hair permed!
I’ve had my hair really short for years (I mean 2007-2012!).  Only last year did I decide to grow it back so I could change my look. Since then, it has remarkably grown from an extremely short bob to layered locks just below my shoulders.
Whether I would get a rebond or a perm was my main concern. With hair rebonding, I would surely be worrying about my wavy tresses growing out in just a few months. Eventually, I would end up on a ponytail or a bun which is contrary to my goal of just letting my hair down as much as I want. That is why it didn’t take me too long to decide. I settled for a perm thinking that it would make my naturally wavy hair a lot more manageable.
The next question was about getting a digital perm or a traditional cold wave. But this was an even easier decision. The latter is way cheaper, so, cold wave it is!
Two days ago, I went to Eksellente Hairdressing which my hubby frequents for haircut, color, and treatment. Since he trusts them that much, why shouldn’t I? There, I explained the look I would like to achieve and then chose fairly large curling rods. The lady stylist, consequently, promised to give me big, just-got-out-of-the-bed curls.

After the perm: just-got-out-of-the-bed curls
Before the perm: natural unruly waves 
The process took more than 2 hours to complete. It took a while for the curls to set which was kind of weird as I haven’t had my hair treated in years. I began to feel anxious but still excited. Yet after the long wait, I was super happy with the result. 

Now all I need to do is to learn how to care for my newly permed hair. This wouldn’t be too much of a deal as there’s pretty much a lot of available information in the net. In fact, I am currently reading a really helpful article (http://www.wikihow.com/Care-for-Permed-Hair).
I truly hope that my curls lock in place and stay on for 4-5 months as the stylist promised. I wouldn’t want to be disappointed because for the first time in my life I have these outrageous curls!

**Eksellente Hairdressing is located at 3rd Level, Rublou Market Place, Ortigas Extension, Cainta, Rizal (right before entering Brookside main gate).
Tel. (02)6552293 or 09473584877
http://www.facebook.com/eksellente.hairdressing

0 comments: